PAL Summer Enrichment Camp Program
Students attending The PAL Summer Youth Enrichment Camp Program will be in for an exciting adventure! Our committed and seasoned staff will assist youth enrolled in preparing for the upcoming school year via their participation in our morning academic program taught by hired school staff; building character and confidence; and soaring to new heights through field trips, creativity, educational activities and fun!
The PAL Summer Enrichment Program is a Community Based Program and solicits support from Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation and community based churches and organizations to provide support and guidance to children ages 7-15, by involving them in constructive activities during the summer.
PAL Summer Enrichment Camp Information Sheet
- Summer Camp will start on Monday, June 14, 2010, and it will end on Friday, August 13, 2010. Camp will operate for a total of 9 weeks.
- You must be a current member of PAL to register for the Summer Enrichment Camp ($50.00 Fee)
- All registration for membership into PAL takes place at 812 Oaklawn Ave., Charlotte NC 28206 from 8am-5pm.
- There is a $40.00 per child Summer Enrichment Camp Registration Fee
- There will be a $20.00 per week Summer Enrichment Camp fee per child if you reside over 1 mile from the Summer Enrichment Camp location you choose to attend. All weekly fees must be paid in advance of the week you are seeking to attend and no later than the Friday prior to the start of the next week.
- If you are within the 1 mile radius (as determined by Yahoo Maps) you will not be required to pay a weekly fee.
- There will be 3 summer camp locations and they are:
— Greenville Park and Recreation Facility (Full, No more registrants accepted),330 Spring Street, Charlotte, NC 28206
— Bette Rae Thomas Park and Recreation Facility, 2921 Tuckaseegee Road, Charlotte, NC 28208
— Revolution Park and Recreation Facility (NEW), 1201 Remount Road, Charlotte, NC 28208
- Days and Hours of Operation are Monday-Friday from 8 am-6 pm
- Ages are 7 - 15 no exceptions!
- Summer Camp Parents Please note the following:
- Parents will be expected to attend a pre camp mandatory parent meeting.
- Children will be required to participate in all camp planned community service projects through the duration of summer camp.
- Children will be expected to wear the camp issued t-shirt on field trips.
- Parents are expected to sign in and sign out their child each day!
- Electronic games, headphones and shoes with wheels are not allowed at camp.
- All fees must be paid by cash, certified check or money orders only.